Conditions of Use
‘The Company’: Sofa Giant. The ‘products’/’goods’ are items offered to the general public for sale and for use in a domestic environment, or items appearing on an invoice issued by The Company.
‘The Customer’ is the person(s) offering payment in exchange for products/goods or services from The Company.
The following are Terms & Conditions for the sale of goods that will govern any contract for sale entered into through Sofa Giant. Please read them carefully or print a copy for your future reference.
The Company will only accept orders based on their ‘Terms & Conditions’. These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights. The Company and/or its agents will treat each order as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these Terms & Conditions. The Company’s prices represent an ‘Invitation to Treat’ and can be amended or withdrawn at any time. The terms of sale and delivery charges may vary. The right to refuse the supply of any goods will be at The Company’s discretion. The Term ‘Special Order’ refers to any products/goods not ranged by The Company or a product designed or altered specifically at the request of the customer. All ‘Special Orders’ will require payment in full before ordering. The Company accepts orders on the basis that goods are subject to availability. We may change our Terms & Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
Description of Goods
The Company will not accept responsibility / liability for representations made by a third party for products features or suitability for a particular use. (E.g. Manufacturers, magazine articles, Internet etc). Sofa Giant staff are trained to explain features and benefits and are able to provide information if so requested, in relation to a products features and benefits. Images shown on the website are for illustration purposes only and may not be representative of the product. For further details, please call Sofa Giant Sales on 01302 789444.
E&OE – Errors & Omissions Excepted Payment & Price
10. The total price you pay for the goods will be stipulated at the point of payment. The Company is entitled to adjust the advertised price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, the imposition of any new taxes or duties, typographical error, or error in pricing information from suppliers. Should The Company have cause to adjust the price you will be offered the opportunity to cancel the order before the despatch of the goods.
11. The Company accepts all major credit and debit cards. These include MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, Switch/Maestro, American Express, Solo, Diners Club and Delta. All payment methods offered are subject to change at any time.
12. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to the above (see condition 10) we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order submitted at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your payment has already been processed and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately issue a refund for the full value of the amount processed.
13. Ownership and title in the goods will only pass to the purchaser upon receipt of full payment.
14. If the order has been processed but the goods not dispatched a full refund will be given within seven days.
15. If goods have been despatched and you subsequently cancel your order, you must take reasonable care of the goods. It will be your responsibility to return these goods to The Company at Doncaster at your cost (See our Refund & Exchange Policy) Clause 25.
Secure Online Shopping
16. When you shop with The Company on our Internet site, all your financial transactions are entirely secure. Our secure server software encrypts all your payment card details. The process scrambles all the information, allowing no unauthorised third party to intercept the data. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen.
Data Protection Act
17. Please be advised that if you purchase equipment from The Company, your name and address may be used by Domestic & General for marketing purposes. Unless required by law this information will not be supplied to any third party. Should you prefer not to receive such marketing information please advise us on email address email@example.com.
Delivery & Delivery Times
18. We offer the following delivery service: i) 2 – 4 weeks on items in stock, ii) 8 – 10 weeks on items not in stock
19. The Company will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside of our control. Any dates we specify for the delivery of the goods are approximate only and The Company shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for the delivery of the goods.
20 . The Company will only deliver goods to the address on the order, and goods will not be left without a signature. An additional charge will be applied if the delivery is aborted due to the consumer failing to adhere to Clause 21.
21. Responsibility for the goods passes to the purchaser upon delivery. Time limit for notification of claim
22. If your goods arrive in a damaged condition, you must inform The Company in writing within 3 days of delivery. Notification can be posted to Sofa Giant, Unit 5, Arkwright Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN5 8LU. Alternately you can e-mail the Customer Services Department on firstname.lastname@example.org. The Customer Services Department will arrange collection of these goods and will replace the goods at no charge or refund any monies paid for the goods.
23. IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED IN CLAUSE 22 THEN THE COMPANY SHALL ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR GOODS SAID TO BE DAMAGED ON DELIVERY.
24. The Company will supply goods that are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the minimum period required by law (or longer if offered by supplier). This guarantee specifically excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse. Refund & Exchange Policy
25. The Company offer a 7 day after delivery exchange policy (subject to conditions). As follows: The Company will not accept goods returned that are found NOT to be faulty or because the customer does not require them. This includes all mail order & Internet transactions that fall outside the ‘The Distance Selling Regulations’. ” Under the ‘Distance Selling Regulations’ you have a seven day cooling off period. Please view the following website for further details: (Note: You will be leaving www.hispek.com) : http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations. The Company will within a period of 28 days exchange or refund in full any product that is found to have a confirmed fault or defect. This is subject to the goods not being misused or damaged in anyway This does not affect your statutory rights All refunds issued will be the same as the tender type, however if this is not possible a cheque refund will be raised via our Head Office.
26. The Company reserve the right to dispose of any goods where no written instruction has been received within a ninety-day period.
27. Failure by The Company to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
28. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the contract between The Company and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
29. If you have a complaint please contact our Customer Services team on 01302 789444 or write to: The Customer Services Manager Sofa Giant Unit 5 Arkwright Road Doncaster South Yorkshire DN5 8LU 35. The registered office of Sofa Giant is: Sofa Giant Arkwright Road Doncaster South Yorkshire DN5 8LU